Comment on page
Trigger Push Notifications
This action lets your app send native iOS, Android, and Web push notifications to users.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Notifications require that your app is installed on Native iOS, Android, or as a PWA.
- Notifications can only be triggered to another logged-in user, on another device.
- ex: The Logged in User triggering the notification will not be able to receive the notification they triggered within the app.
- Select the component that should trigger the notification, then in the left panel select 'Add Action'.
- Scroll to the bottom of the options, and click Trigger Notification.
All Users will get the notification unless filtered by available data such as Current User or by a Relationship to the User.
- Current User - Send a message to a single user using Available Screen Data
- Uses include sending a notification to a single user such as a 'New Follower' notification or 'Friend Request' when Current User Data is available.
- One User - Send a message to a single User through Filter
- Used similarly to "Current User" but when filtering through other available data such as a relation to a User. Example of this may be a Marketplace Listing sale or an Admin approval request.
- Multiple Users - All Users or Users who meet criteria
- Used when wanting to send to all users or a specific group of users filtered through a rerelationship. Examples would include a Notification to multiple users about an event they are attending or a new message in a group chat.
- This is also where you exclude the Logged in User from your notifications if sending to multiple Users.
- Notifications will only be sent if;
- 1.The user has the app installed on their device.
- 2.The user is logged in.
- 3.The user has had activity in the app in the last 2 weeks to be considered active.
- 4.The user has permissions allowed.
- 5.The user is not the user triggering the notification.
- Set the title and body text for the Notification message.
- If using information from an Input, we recommend creating a Message or Notification Record in your Collections before using that information to fill in the Notification details.
- Select which screen in your app the user should be taken to when the tap on the notification.
Now you are ready to test your notifications!