Lists of Lists
Adalo offers the powerful capability to create a List within a List. For example, in a trip planning app, you might want a screen that lists the days of the trip, and under each day, a list of that day’s activities.
To create this list within a list, it's best to start at the base level and then build up. In this example our database has three collections: Trips, Days, and Activities. Days have a relationship property to Trips, and Activities have a relationship property to Days.
- 1.Add a Simple List to your screen
- 2.Set the List to be a list of Activities
- 3.Add a Text component above the Simple List that will serve as the Day header
- 4.Add an Add Activity button to the bottom of the Activities List
- 5.Now select the Simple List, the header Text, and the button components
- 6.In the Left Panel, click the "Make List" button
- 7.In the Left Panel, set the new list to be a list of Days
- 8.Set the Filter to be Current Trip Days
- 9.Now click into the header Text, and set the Magic Text to be Current Day Name
- 10.Now click into the Simple List and set its filter to be Current Day Activities