How to Create a Search Bar
Searching within a list is a very commonly used app feature— with Adalo, you can implement this function in just a few easy steps.
To get started, it will be easiest if you already have your database collections setup. For this tutorial, you will need one database collection called “Friends.” Inside of the collection, you need two properties: a text field for “name” and an image field for the collection. Inside of the collection, you will need to add records. These records will be criteria that the user can search within your app. We’ve added 6 records of names and images, but you can add however many you would like.
- 1.Navigate back to the Adalo Canvas and once you open the left panel, you will search “search list” under “Add Screen.” Drag that screen onto the _____.
- 2.Click on the simple list on the app screen then navigate to the left panel. Under the first dropdown, choose your Database Collection called “Friends” to bind the list and the database together.
- 3.Scroll down to filter and click “add another filter”
- 4.Select “Name” then “Contains” then “Form Inputs > Search Term” - this will allow everything within your Database Collections to be displayed and the search results displayed as the user is typing.
- 5.Scroll down to the bottom of the left panel and once you click on Subtitle, click the slider on the right side to turn it off.
- 6.Next, go to preview your app and test it out!
Last modified 2yr ago